About one month ago, The Triangle teamed up with poet, workshop leader, and creativity expert, Barbara DeCesare to put on a writing workshop that could possibly be described as once-in-a-lifetime. We wanted to work with the Harrisburg-based co-working space, St@rtup Harrisburg, to put on a pre-valentine’s day workshop on the subject of Love. We booked the space for Saturday, February 8th. When we were talking to Barbara, we mentioned that we wanted people to be inspired to write about love in a real, messy, not-cliche way. She had a great idea: let’s explore what a heart really looks like. The following pictures and quotes were collected from the 2 hour workshop.
This all looks like a tree to me.
It is life giving.
In smaller cultures, the vet is the doctor.
I imagine it like a tomato, but with different toughness.
Here are some quotes collected from workshop attendees. These were posted on Facebook Event page over the last month:
- “For days afterward I found heart metaphors wherever I looked. They popped up in conversation and jumped off the page in whatever I was reading. I’ve been keeping a running journal list. Even now, several weeks later they are still standing out for me.”
- “It was more kinda fascinating than disgusting.. i thought i was going to be grossed out but i wasn’t so much.”
- “I dreamed about the hearts last night.”
- “Thank you. Thank you. I might be mining this one for awhile…”
- “Thanks especially to Barbara for being our fearless leader and heart-provider. I’m glad to see so many people got something out of this experience. It was a real, albeit pathological, community we had going there.”
- “Such a great group! It was a great experience! Thanks, Triangle!”