About The Triangle
We aim to foster a diverse, innovative literary culture in south central Pennsylvania, ensuring it is a place where working writers, poets, artists, and literature lovers can thrive together in a supportive and engaging community.
- Host unique literary events that renew our idea of what literature is and can do for a community.
- Invite innovative writers to Lancaster to perform their work and teach our community about what they do.
- Engage writers and help them grow by exposing them to diverse voices, genres, and schools of thought.
- Report on local and national literary happenings by creating free, original, high-quality content on our website, thetrianglepa.org, by means of interviews, reviews, and news articles.
- Maintain a community literary calendar that includes all literary events happening in the south central PA region.
- Partner with local organizations, businesses, and individuals to collaborate on literary pursuits.
- Promote literary opportunities in the south central PA region to tourists, writers, and other interested parties through resource guides and brochures.
Some History About the Founders
The Triangle was conceptualized in 2013 as a volunteer literary organization by Erin Dorney and Tyler Barton. The site started as a combined calendar of literary events (to better connect each corner of the “triangle” between Lancaster, York, andHarrisburg, PA) and grew to encompass interviews, articles, reviews, and Triangle-hosted events. In 2015 Erin and Tyler moved to Minnesota and passed the Triangle on to current Managing Editor, Eliot White. They’ve since launched another project called FEAR NO LIT and continue to seek out, promote, and provide unique literary experiences.
Search The Triangle